Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Across the United States, pedestrians walk to and from places to exercise, save money on gas, and for many other reasons. While walking on foot is an excellent form of transportation for places that aren’t too far away, it sometimes poses great danger. A pedestrian struck by a vehicle can result in catastrophic injuries or even death. If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident, our Atlanta pedestrian accident lawyers can help.
At Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., our Atlanta pedestrian accident attorneys represent individuals hurt because of someone else’s negligent actions. We can help you or a loved one recover compensation for your expenses and losses. By working with our firm, you can hold the liable party accountable for your physical, emotional, and financial pain.
Who Does the Law Consider a Pedestrian?
At some point in almost everyone’s life, they are pedestrians. For example, you’re a pedestrian if you travel from place to place outside a vehicle.
Other examples of pedestrians include:
- Anyone who is on foot, such as someone running or walking
- Anyone who uses a method of transportation that isn’t considered a vehicle, such as a scooter or skateboard
- Anyone who has a disability and uses an assistive device to get around, such as a wheelchair, tricycle, or quadricycle
People driving vehicles must look out for pedestrians and practice a level of care that is safe for themselves and others on the road.
How Much Compensation Could I Recover After an Atlanta Pedestrian Accident?
The amount of compensation you could recover after sustaining an injury in a pedestrian accident depends on the circumstances of the case. For instance, if your injuries require lifelong care or cause a disability, you might recover more compensation than someone who recovers quickly.
No amount of compensation is guaranteed. However, once you begin working with our firm and we review your recoverable damages, we can provide a more accurate picture of how much your case is worth. The value of your recoverable damages plays a huge role in the value of your claim.
What Are Recoverable Damages?
If you file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the person who caused your pedestrian accident injury, you could receive compensation for your recoverable damages. Recoverable damages are the amount of money the person who caused the accident must pay the injured person. The goal of recoverable damages is to make the injured party whole again.
There are many types of damages you could recover after a pedestrian accident. Some of these damages compensate you for monetary losses (economic damages), while others compensate you for non-monetary losses (non-economic damages).
Economic Damages You Could Recover
Economic damages likely have the highest value of damages you could recover. These are the actual monetary losses you experienced because of your accident and injuries.
Examples of economic damages you could recover after sustaining injuries in a pedestrian accident include:
- Medical expenses: You could receive monetary compensation for any out-of-pocket expenses you had to pay for your medical care, including if you had to stay in the hospital, have surgery, visit the doctor, or do any necessary diagnostic testing. You could also include the costs of any medications or medical supplies you had to purchase to treat your injuries.
- Future medical expenses: Because pedestrian accidents can cause severe injuries, you may have to deal with them far into the future. You could include the projected costs of your future medical bills, including future surgeries or medications or if you will require occupational therapy or physical therapy.
- Lost income: While recovering from the accident, you might have had to miss work. If you did not have paid time off, you could recover the income you lost during that time. Even if you only had to miss work for one day, you can include that loss if it cost you money.
- Lost future income: If you cannot return to work for a long time (or ever) because of your injuries, you could recover compensation for your estimated future lost income. In addition to salary, hourly wages, or commissions, this may also include diminished earning capacity and lost benefits, such as medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
- Property damage: If you were holding a cell phone or purse or wearing valuable clothing that sustained damage in the accident, you could recover compensation for property damage. This could also include a bike, skateboard, scooter, or wheelchair if you were riding one of these and they sustained damage.
Our Atlanta pedestrian accident attorneys can help you calculate the value of your economic damages. These damages are easier to calculate because there is usually some type of documentation associated with their value. In most cases, a simple receipt, invoice, or bill can prove you incurred a monetary loss.
Non-Economic Damages You Could Recover
Non-economic damages compensate pedestrians who sustain injuries for the physical and emotional turmoil caused by the accident. These losses are more subjective and not tied to a specific monetary value.
Examples of non-economic damages you could recover after a pedestrian accident injury include:
- Pain and suffering: These damages include any physical pain and suffering you dealt with as a result of the accident. You could recover compensation whether the pain happened immediately after the accident or if it is still ongoing. Pain and suffering includes any type of pain, anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience you experience because of your injuries.
- Loss of enjoyment: If your injuries are severe enough, they might prevent you from participating in activities or hobbies you once loved. If so, you could recover compensation for loss of enjoyment damages.
- Emotional distress: When people sustain severe injuries, they often suffer psychological issues. You could recover compensation if you had a negative emotional response to your accident, such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Compensation You Could Recover if a Loved One Died in a Pedestrian Accident
Because pedestrians don’t have anything to protect them if they get struck by a vehicle, fatalities could happen. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 6,500 pedestrians died and an estimated 55,000 pedestrians were injured in 2020 alone.
If your loved one died due to their injuries, we first want to extend our condolences. Our attorneys are ready to fight to hold the liable party accountable. Although money cannot bring your loved one back, it can help your family move on without struggling financially because of their loss.
Compensation surviving family members could recover includes:
- Medical expenses: Unfortunately, even if medical professionals cannot save the life of your loved one, they still send a bill. If your family had to pay for your loved one’s medical care, you could include those costs in your claim or lawsuit.
- Costs associated with laying your loved one to rest: Laying a loved one to rest is an unexpected cost that no family should have to pay if someone else caused the death. It can also create huge financial stress for the family. You could recover the costs for a funeral or celebration of life and the burial or cremation of your loved one through a claim or lawsuit.
- Loss of consortium: When you lose a loved one, you also lose the support and companionship you once had. It may be possible to recover compensation for those losses through a claim or lawsuit.
Our attorneys can help you to determine which family members are eligible to recover compensation. We can walk you through the process of filing a claim or lawsuit to ensure that your family can move forward without having to worry about finances.
Benefits of Choosing Our Firm as Your Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
At Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., we offer a variety of benefits to clients who choose to work with our firm. You can trust your case is in the right hands as our attorneys work tirelessly to get the desired outcome. We understand that you have gone through a traumatic event, which is why we provide guidance and support from start to finish.
Developing relationships with our clients is an essential part of the process. We work closely together and genuinely want to see our clients achieve positive results. Many of our clients still contact us years after we work together, and we consider them friends.
After getting injured in a pedestrian accident, you could face extensive medical bills or miss work—both of which can cause a huge financial strain. That’s why we don’t charge injury clients any upfront fees or costs.
When you work with our firm, you can expect:
- A free consultation: During the consultation, a member of our legal team will review your case at no cost. There’s no obligation to work with our team if you choose to have a consultation. The purpose of the consultation is to determine if we are the right fit to help you move forward with your case.
- Zero extra fees: Many law firms charge clients extra fees and costs throughout their claim or lawsuit. With Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., you can expect to pay zero out-of-pocket fees throughout our time working together.
- Contingency fee agreements: A contingency fee means that you do not pay for our legal services unless we help you reach a successful outcome with your case. Once you receive a financial award, our attorneys take a percentage of that as our legal fee.
Working with our team comes with no financial risk. We provide these benefits because we want people injured at the hands of someone else to have the opportunity to hold them accountable.
How Our Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Help After an Accident
While it’s possible to handle your claim independently, seeking legal representation is highly recommended. Insurance companies always have one goal in mind: to save money. Don’t be fooled by your insurance. Therefore, they may offer you a low settlement amount early on. With an attorney by your side, you’ll know how much your case is worth, so you don’t settle for less than you deserve.
Other ways that our attorneys can help if you sustained an injury in a pedestrian accident include:
- We can handle all communications with the insurance company. If you’re in the hospital or at home recovering, you probably have no desire to deal with the insurance company. We can handle all communications on your behalf, so you don’t have to. This can also help you avoid costly mistakes, such as saying something that could hurt your case.
- We can investigate the accident. Our investigation will help us gain more insight into your accident and what happened. Investigating the case can give us more negotiating power if we find evidence that proves your injuries were caused by someone else.
- We can determine liability. Our investigation can also help us prove who caused the accident and determine whose insurance company to contact to recover compensation.
- We can handle settlement negotiations. Our attorneys can negotiate with the insurance company to reach a fair and reasonable settlement. We are experienced negotiators and understand the tactics used by insurance companies to make lower offers than our clients deserve.
- We can take your case to court. Our attorneys aren’t afraid to take a case to court if the insurance company does not agree to a fair settlement. When insurance companies know our attorneys will fight in court, they may be more likely to offer a fair settlement agreement.
Contact our Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Today for Legal Guidance
Why us? After getting injured in a pedestrian accident, your medical bills can pile up quickly—and they might continue growing far into the future. Don’t let the insurance company give you less money than you deserve. An attorney can ensure you receive the compensation you need to move on with your life and feel whole again.
Contact an Atlanta personal lawyer from Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. for a free consultation today. A member of our team can answer your questions, explain your legal options, and help determine your next steps. Call (404) 890-5631 or (770) GET-PAID now.
Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C. – Atlanta Office
1995 N Park Pl SE Suite 207,
Atlanta, GA 30339
Get Aggressive Legal Help Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Atlanta, you need to take action now. To schedule your free case evaluation, please contact an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer at Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C. today by calling 404-890-5631.
Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C. is a Personal Injury Law practice that is a advocate for the underserved in Atlanta.