Savannah Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can quickly turn your life upside down. Perhaps you already have huge medical bills or are still out of work. An accident victim can pursue compensation from the driver who caused the crash and your losses. Depending on the facts of your case, other parties could also bear responsibility for your payout.
At Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., our Savannah car accident lawyers can go after the compensation you need and deserve. While you rest and recover, we can handle every aspect of your legal case. Learn more about your options and the benefits of working with us during a free case review.
What Makes Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. Different?
The Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. team has over 40 years of experience in helping accident victims get fair compensation. With millions of dollars recovered, we know how to seek the highest possible amount available for you.
We know that seeking legal help can seem like a daunting process. At some law firms, injury victims may feel like their case is just a number. However, we want to ensure that our clients feel supported throughout the legal process. That’s why our attorneys offer personalized attention to every case. As a result, you won’t get a one-size-fits-all solution—instead, you’ll get a legal strategy tailored to your needs and prompt communication throughout the process.
When past clients talk about their experience with our firm, they say things like:
- Our attorneys are genuinely concerned about their case and their interests.
- We work hard to get the best results.
- They were pleased with their settlement.
It’s our job to ensure that your legal process feels just as positive.
Benefits of Hiring Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers After a Savannah Car Accident
Accident victims may wonder if they should hire a lawyer. After all, filing a car accident claim seems straightforward at first glance. However, complications often arise, and you may deal with more issues than anticipated.
Our attorneys can handle it all for you our case results speak for themselves. When you hire a lawyer, you can have someone who:
Knows the Value of Your Case
The insurance company may make you a settlement offer, but how do you know if that’s the amount you truly deserve? If you represent yourself, you might add up your current medical bills and decide that the insurer’s offer is close enough.
However, many factors determine your case’s value—not just your current medical costs. Our injury lawyers have the experience to know when a settlement offer reflects your damages and when it falls short.
Uses Evidence to Negotiate a Settlement
It often takes negotiation to get the settlement you need and deserve. After all, insurance companies are businesses looking to protect their bottom line. When you ask them for compensation, they often start with a low amount—and you need to negotiate from there.
That’s where our team comes in. Because we have years of experience with settlement negotiations, insurance companies often know our legal team. They also know that we won’t accept a lowball offer. We know what to say, how to say it, and how to use certain forms of evidence to make your case.
Understands State and Local Laws That Affect Your Case
Our attorneys know Georgia’s complicated car accident laws inside and out and how they affect your ability to seek compensation. We can protect your rights and put our knowledge of state law to work for you.
For instance, we can explain the statute of limitations deadline, which limits the time you have to file a lawsuit. Our team can meet this deadline and properly submit all paperwork according to Georgia law.
We can also determine if multiple parties might bear liability for your compensation. In Georgia, employers could be liable for their employee’s negligence. So, if a driver employed by a commercial entity caused your accident, we could hold the company’s insurance company responsible for your damages.
Will Take Your Case to Trial if Necessary
If you’re healing from a crash, you shouldn’t have to represent yourself before a judge and jury. Our Savannah car accident attorneys have trial experience and know how to successfully steer your case through litigation. We can handle all court paperwork, cross-examine witnesses, and ensure that your case progresses as smoothly as possible.
While most cases won’t make it to trial, we can file a lawsuit to pressure the insurance company to make a fair offer. Even if we file a lawsuit, we will likely continue settlement negotiations until the trial begins.
Deals With All the Challenges for You
We wish we could tell all car accident victims that the claims process is easy. However, the insurance company can push back on your case and use bad faith tactics to lower your settlement.
For example, they may argue that:
- Your injuries aren’t serious
- Their client does not bear responsibility
- You made your injuries worse
- You had a pre-existing condition and don’t deserve compensation
They could also delay the settlement process or use other unfair tactics. Our lawyers are prepared to counter these strategies and push for your desired result.
Compensation Available to Savannah Car Accident Victims
Shortly after a car accident, you could face many financial challenges. Our attorneys understand the many consequences that victims deal with after a crash. Thankfully, you can get compensation for many of these losses.
If someone else causes your crash, you can seek economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Medical bills: Whether you need emergency treatment or go on to require weeks of hospitalization, we can help you recover these medical costs. Eligible expenses may include ambulance services, medications, diagnostic tests, specialist visits, rehabilitation, surgery, and other costs. Your future medical expenses could also be part of your settlement or award.
- Lost income: When you face significant injuries, you may not return to work immediately after the crash. Your missed paychecks, tips, bonuses, benefits, and career opportunities constitute lost income potential.
- Reduced earning capacity: Some victims face long-term impacts on their careers. If you have to work part-time hours or take a different job altogether, this long-term income loss can constitute reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Injuries rarely only affect the body. You may feel emotional and psychological effects as you cope with your mobility limitations and other challenges.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Many victims also face lasting trauma related to the crash. If you have to seek counseling and receive a diagnosis of PTSD, this can also constitute a loss.
You could seek other damages beyond those listed here. Our Savannah car accident attorneys can explain all your options.
How Much Could Your Damages Be Worth?
Accident victims often ask us this question, and it depends on your case. Every car accident has unique factors. Once we learn the details of your story and investigate your case, we can calculate your goal amount.
Victims often receive a settlement or award based on the extent of their injuries, how much medical care they need, and how the injury affected their lives. If you had to take months off of work, pay for surgery and long-term physical therapy, and no longer enjoy your life as you once did, you could receive a potentially higher settlement amount.
Compensation Available for Families of Wrongful Death Victims
Our compassionate attorneys also represent families who lost loved ones in a car accident. We know how to seek justice and compensation to address families’ hardships after a sudden loss.
We can pursue compensation from the at-fault driver and other liable entities, seeking damages such as:
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of future income
- Final medical bills
- Funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
Dealing with a legal case can prove overwhelming for a spouse or other family member who lost a loved one. However, we can take on this burden and fight for you.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident in Savannah, GA
After a car accident, what you say and do could affect your compensation case.
Our attorneys recommend you:
- File all necessary reports, preferably with our help. Hopefully, the police made a report at the accident scene. However, you should also report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Make this call brief and stick to the basic facts of the case. Never admit fault or question if you might be at fault.
- Get prompt medical care. One of the most important things you can do for your case is to get medical attention promptly. If you have any signs of injury, go to the nearest emergency room or urgent care facility, or see your doctor as soon as possible. This is not only the best action to take for your health, but this medical visit also creates a record showing that your injury resulted from the accident. This record can provide important evidence if you go on to bring an injury case.
- Don’t accept the first settlement offer. Often, insurance companies make you a low initial settlement offer after a crash. Many victims want a check sooner rather than later—still, wait before you accept the first offer. This amount may not reflect the full extent of your damages. If you accept too early, you cannot go back and ask for additional compensation later.
Getting a free case review from our team can tell you how the financial recovery process works and what our car accident attorneys can do to help you maximize your recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions in Savannah Car Accident Cases
Here are answers to some of the most common questions from car accident victims. During your free consultation, we can tell you how these issues might apply to your unique situation.
How Do I Know if I Have a Case?
In short, our team can tell you if you have a case and should take legal action. We can also explain if you should file a claim through your insurance company or seek compensation directly from the liable party.
Can I Trust the Insurance Adjuster?
An insurance adjuster’s primary goal is to protect the insurance company—not you. Don’t be fooled by insurance. We understand this, and we’re prepared to stand up for you during any communications with the insurance company.
Even if the adjuster seems polite and concerned for your well-being, keep in mind that the settlement amount they give you is usually unfairly low. For instance, the adjuster may not include the cost of your future medical care or lost income in your settlement amount. Instead, you—or your lawyer—will need to make an argument for these damages and why you deserve them.
I’m Concerned About Medical Bills. Can I Skip Treatment?
While you may have concerns about paying for treatment, we don’t advise that you skip care. If you elected to purchase optional medical payment coverage when you purchased insurance, you can use this coverage to pay some of your costs for now. This coverage can also come in handy if you do not get a prompt settlement from the liable party’s insurance company.
You can set up a payment plan with medical providers or explore other options to cover your medical costs temporarily. However you pay for it, get all the necessary treatment your doctor recommends. Otherwise, the other party’s insurance company could argue that you made your injuries worse by neglecting your care—then they’ll likely try to lowball your case’s value.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
When you work with our attorneys, it costs nothing to get started on your case. We require no upfront fees or retainers, which means minimal financial risk for you.
We only receive payment when and if you receive results in your case. Our attorney’s fees come as a portion of your settlement or award—also known as contingency fees. We can tell you more about how these fees work when you hire our team.
Contact Our Lawyers for a Free Case Review After a Savannah Car Accident
You don’t have to wonder what to do next after a car accident. If you want a Savannah personal injury lawyer on your side, we can explain your legal options and how we work to seek the best possible results on your behalf.
Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C. – Savannah Office
100 Bull St,
Savannah, GA 31401
Get Aggressive Legal Help Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Atlanta, you need to take action now. To schedule your free case evaluation, please contact an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer at Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C. today by calling 404-890-5631.