Macon Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Should I Hire A Drunk Driving Lawyer?
From driver education classes to parent lectures to the media, drivers learn about the dangers of drunk driving early in life. However, information and education do not always deter people from driving after drinking alcohol. Even those who limit themselves to a couple of beers or drinks suffer impairment that could lead to a dangerous accident. For more information, reach out to a Macon drunk driving lawyer.
Drunk drivers put other motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists at risk for accidents and injuries, some of which are life-changing or fatal. In the most severe accidents, including Macon drunk driving accidents, victims sustain permanent injuries that prevent them from returning to work and carry other long-term consequences.
If you have suffered injuries in a Macon drunk driving accident, you face various challenges in the coming weeks and months. You should not have to shoulder the financial burden on top of your physical pain and emotional distress when a drunk driver caused your injuries.
Georgia law permits drunk driving accident victims to bring a civil lawsuit against the drunk driver responsible for the accident. Receiving compensation for your injuries will not undo your pain, but it can alleviate some financial difficulties associated with time away from work and piles of medical bills.
The skilled Macon drunk driving accident lawyers of Buckhead Law Saxton Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. can help you through the claims process and help you hold the drunk driver accountable for their actions. Contact us today to discuss the details of your Macon drunk driving accident and your eligibility to recover compensation for your injuries.
Why Choose Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C.
After sustaining severe injuries in a Macon drunk driving accident, recovering from your injuries requires all of your attention, leaving little time for other things. Dealing with insurance carriers, their desire to avoid paying claims, and the questionable strategies they use with claimants are time-consuming and take an emotional toll on accident victims.
Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers P.C. knows how to communicate with auto insurance providers, especially those who try to protect drunk drivers.
The experienced legal team at Buckhead Law has advocated for drunk driving accident victims and other clients who have suffered personal injuries. Our drunk driving accident lawyers are committed to helping drunk driving accident victims seek the maximum compensation for damages related to the accident and their injuries.
Recent case results for traffic accident injury claims include:
- A $992,000 settlement after a client suffered severe neck and back injuries when a commercial vehicle rear-ended the client’s vehicle.
- An $862,500 settlement for a client who suffered a brain injury and neck and back injuries in a T-bone accident.
- A $775,000 settlement for a client who suffered severe back injuries in a rear-end collision.
- A $485,000 settlement for a client who suffered severe neck, back, and wrist injuries during a head-on collision.
- A $400,000 settlement when a driver suffered neck and back injuries in a T-bone collision.
Buckhead Law Saxton Accident & Injury Lawyers P.C. has the experience and resources to help you fight for the compensation you deserve for your Macon drunk driving accident injuries. We know how to deal with insurance companies, and their large legal teams do not intimidate us. One of our skilled lawyers can handle the bothersome details of your Macon drunk driving accident claim while you focus on healing and recovering from your injuries.
If you live in the Macon area, you are only a short drive from Buckhead Law’s downtown office. We are conveniently located at 461 Third Street, a few blocks from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard across from Dunlap Park. We like to meet prospective clients in person for a free consultation, but some situations do not allow a face-to-face meeting. We offer convenient virtual consultations if you cannot travel. Contact us or submit details about your Macon drunk driving accident online to receive your free consultation from Buckhead Law Saxton Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C..Compensation in Macon Drunk Driving Accident Claims
Suppose you suffer injuries in a Macon traffic accident because someone decided to drive after consuming alcohol. In that case, Georgia law permits you to take legal action to recover compensation for economic and non-economic losses related to the accident and your injuries.
Each drunk driving accident claim has different underlying facts that affect the amount and type of compensation a Macon drunk driving accident victim might receive if they reach a settlement or a jury rules in their favor.
Common damages awarded in settlements and jury verdicts for drunk driving accidents compensate victims for:
- Medical treatment costs, including ambulance transport, emergency room treatment, hospitalization, surgery, diagnostic tests, prescription medication, doctor visits, and transportation costs to and from the hospital
- Estimated future medical treatment costs when a Macon drunk driving accident causes a permanent injury requiring continued care and treatment
- Expenses related to rehabilitation and recovery, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, mental health services, and other specialists who help drunk driving accident victims deal with the physical and mental aftermath of their injuries
- Lost wages from missing work due to drunk driving accident injuries, hospitalization, and recovery
- Estimated lost future wages for Macon drunk driving accident victims who cannot return to their job or work in the future because of permanent injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
Factors that affect how much compensation or the type of compensation a drunk driving accident victim might receive for their claim include:
- Severity and type of injuries. Drunk driving accident victims who suffer the most severe injuries typically have higher value claims that result in more compensation if they prevail in their case. This is largely because severe injuries take longer to heal, so victims can include demands for noneconomic damages like pain and suffering in their claims.
- Total economic loss. The economic loss a drunk driving accident victim amasses is strongly tied to the severity of their injuries. It costs more to treat severe injuries, which typically require hospitalization and sometimes surgery. Economic loss also increases because those with severe injuries miss more work. Ultimately, a significant financial loss translates to a high-value claim.
- Likelihood of a full recovery. The highest value drunk driving accident claims typically come from a victim who has suffered a catastrophic injury. Those who cannot return to work receive more compensation for future lost wages. Injuries that leave permanent scars, especially in highly visible places, often have high-value claims.
A Macon drunk driving accident attorney from Buckhead Law Saxton Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.C. can evaluate the facts of your case, obtain medical records, and consult with relevant experts to give you a better idea of the amount and type of damages that apply to your drunk driving accident claim.
Statutes of Limitations in Macon Drunk Driving Accidents
If you have sustained severe injuries in a Macon drunk driving accident, you need to take action as soon as possible for the chance of recovering maximum compensation for your accident injuries. Each state has statutes of limitations for the amount of time a victim of negligence has to bring a civil lawsuit against an individual, business, or another entity.
In Georgia, the statute of limitations gives you two years from your accident to file a lawsuit. The two-year time limit also applies to bringing a wrongful death lawsuit if you have tragically lost a loved one in a Macon drunk driving accident.
Waiting too long to consult with a drunk driving attorney and take legal action after an accident creates two significant issues.
First, if you miss the statute of limitations deadline for your drunk driving accident case, you will likely not be able to recover damages related to the accident or injuries. A court will probably dismiss your claim, and you lose any leverage to negotiate a settlement with an insurance company.
Second, the sooner you consult with a Macon drunk driving accident attorney, the sooner they can begin investigating your claim and building a case against the drunk driver responsible for your injuries. As time goes by, the quality of evidence can diminish—video footage gets erased, witnesses move away or die, and witnesses have a foggier recollection of the accident.
Types of Injuries in Macon Drunk Driving Accident Claims
Buckhead Law Saxton Accident & Injury Lawyers P.C. helps drunk driving accident victims who have sustained various injuries.
Examples of injuries from a Macon drunk driving accident that could lead to a civil lawsuit include:
- Broken bones. Broken bones might not always justify hiring a lawyer, but the story changes when a broken bone requires surgery or a drunk driving accident victim breaks various bones. Severe fractures come with high medical treatment costs and require weeks or months of recovery, and accident victims might never fully recover.
- Dislocations. The impact of a drunk driving accident can do all types of joint damage. Accident victims could dislocate a shoulder or hip, causing significant pain and sometimes corrective surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traffic collisions are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A brain injury can heal within a few months. Depending on the exact injury and the person, the injury could leave them with lifelong challenges related to memory, cognition, and other brain functions.
- Neck and back injuries. The force of a crash can contort the human body into many unnatural positions that injure the soft tissue and vertebrae in the spinal column. Drunk driving accident victims might suffer severe sprains, strains, tears, fractured vertebrae, and bulged discs. Spinal cord injuries are among the worst because they often result in some level of permanent paralysis.
- Amputations. Accident victims sometimes get their legs or arms pinned or crushed during a collision. Crushed limbs lose blood flow, and if doctors cannot restore it, drunk driving accident victims face amputation to prevent death.
- Burns. If a Macon drunk driving accident ends with a fire and/or explosion, those involved face severe burns that typically leave permanent scars even after corrective surgery.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Macon Drunk Driving Accident
Insurance carriers stay in business by avoiding payouts when someone makes a claim against a policy. If they cannot deny a claim, they do everything they can to devalue it. You can expect an insurance representative to investigate your drunk driving claim and try to shift the blame away from their policyholder, even when they know their policyholder was driving drunk. Hiring a Macon drunk driving accident lawyer is essential to protect the value of your claim.
An attorney can protect your rights and ensure the insurance company does not try to play games by handling communication and preventing them from getting more information than they need to process the claim. For example, most insurance companies want a recorded statement. They comb over the statement to find something to use against the claimant, but you never need to give them one.
Additionally, insurance carriers try to get accident victims to release their entire medical history, so they can search for a preexisting injury to argue your injuries occurred at a previous time. They only need records related to the injuries from your Macon drunk driving accident, and a lawyer can prevent them from taking additional information.
Contact a Macon Drunk Driving Accident Today
If you sustained injuries in a Macon drunk driving accident, contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss the facts of your case. Buckhead Law Saxton Accident & Injury Lawyers P.C. has the knowledge and resources to help you hold the drunk driver who caused the accident accountable for your injuries.
You should not face the economic burden and mental anguish on top of the physical pain of injury. Contact us today online or at (478) 226-4148 for your free consultation. One of our team members can evaluate your case, determine your eligibility for compensation, and advise you on your next steps.
Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C. – Macon Office
461 3rd St ste 6,
Macon, GA 31201
Get Aggressive Legal Help Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Atlanta, you need to take action now. To schedule your free case evaluation, please contact an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer at Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C. today by calling 404-890-5631.
888-998-5606 |770-Get-Paid |email@example.com
disclaimer | attorney advertising
Buckhead Law Saxton Injury & Accident Lawyers, P.C. is a Personal Injury Law practice that is a advocate for the underserved in Atlanta.